Vilofoss presents the X-Zelit posters presented at the ADSA Meeting 2018
New scientific results on preventing hypocalcemia in dairy cows using X-Zelit product were be presented at the ADSA Annual meeting Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.
The following four posters on X-Zelit and their main conclusions:
The effect of feeding zeolite A during the prepartum period on serum mineral concentrations in multiparous Holstein Cows.
- X-Zelit supplemented cows had perfect calcium balance in the periparturient period.
- X-Zelit supplemented cows reduced the frequency of hypocalcemia from 90 to 30 percent
The effect of feeding zeolite A during the prepartum period on peripartum performance in multiparous Holstein Cows.
- X-Zelit supplemented cows had 19 less empty days
- X-Zelit supplemented cows were 3 times more likely to be pregnant at day 120.
- X-Zelit supplemented cows had 0.8 kg energy corrected more per day
A field study on the prevention of subclinical hypocalcemia in dairy cows supplemented synthetic aluminums silicate or anionic salts in late pregnancy.
- X-Zelit supplemented cows had plasma calcium values on 2.3 mmol/L vs 1.9-2.0 for the DCAD fed cows.
- X-Zelit supplemented cows had 4 times less subclinical hypocalcemia ([Ca]<-2.125 mmol/L) compared to DCAD fed cows.
The effect of feeding synthetic zeolite A prepartum on indices of mineral and metabolic status, milk production and reproduction in grazing dairy cows.
- X-Zelit supplemented cows had a lower rate of subclinical hypocalcemia (22.6 % vs 0 %)
- X-Zelit supplemented cows were pregnant 13.8 days earlier than non-supplemented cows.
X-Zelit is an innovative product for preventing hypocalcemia in dairy cows. X-Zelit is a calcium binder, binding the calcium in the feed ration, mimicking the low calcium approach, which has shown high efficient strategy for optimizing the transition feeding. For more information please look at the homepage www.xzelit.com.